The construction of Emory Clark Hall on the site of a former parking lot for the dental clinic placed nursing students and faculty in the immediate vicinity of the university's other health science units and allowed students and faculty to become more directly involved with the day-to-day religious, academic, and social life of the campus. The nursing program had previously been located at St. Joseph's Hospital on 49th and Chambers. In addition to providing faculty offices, research and work areas, and more efficient classroom space, the building offered a much-needed learning resources center, including a nursing laboratory with simulated patient areas.
Named for Emory T. Clark and the Emory T. Clark Family Charitable Foundation to memorialize the support the Clark Family gave to Marquette. Clark founded the Clark Oil Company in 1932 with the opening of a single service station in Milwaukee. When the company was sold in 1981, it was ranked 221st in Fortune 500's list of publicly held companies.
Scanned as grayscale in reflective mode with Epson Expression 10000XL at 300 DPI. Display image is jpeg generated from archival tiff file.
This image is issued by Marquette University. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Department of Special Collections and University Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. Please credit: Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Marquette University Libraries.