The Varsity Building originally opened in 1937 and was purchased by Marquette University in September of 1967. It was renamed Holthusen Hall on April 22, 1985.
Named for Henry and Violet Holthusen in remembrance of their generosity to Marquette University and concern for its students. Henry Holthusen was the president of the Milwaukee Manufacturing Company and Violet was involved in several charitable organizations.
Scanned as RGB in reflective mode with Epson Expression 10000XL at 720 DPI. Display image is generated from archival TIFF file.
This image is issued by Marquette University. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Department of Special Collections and University Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. Please credit: Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Marquette University Libraries.