Abbottsford Hall was built in 1939 and provided housing for Milwaukee residents. In 1970 the building was purchased by Marquette University with no immediate plans for the structure, but simply bought due to its location in Marquette's neighborhood. The building was used as housing for graduate students and students with families until the Office of Residence Life choose to renovate the building in two stages. The first stage was finished in 2005 and the second in 2006 providing more housing for incoming freshmen who formerly had to live in residences rented by the university.
Scanned as RGB in transparency mode with Epson Expression 10000XL at 2400 DPI. Display image is generated from archival TIFF file.
This image is issued by Marquette University. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Department of Special Collections and University Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. Please credit: Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Marquette University Libraries.