After Dr. Mackie died in December 1908, the property was offered for sale to Marquette for $30,500. Money turned out to be too scarce at the time, so Marquette rented the home temporarily, holding classes in the building beginning in 1910. The university purchased the building outright in 1912.
Named for Dr. William and Isabella (Mitchell) Mackie, who lived in the home before it was sold to Marquette University. Dr. Mackie was chief of the surgical staff of the Milwaukee Hospital and died in 1908 at the age of 54.
Scanned as grayscale in reflective mode with Epson Expression 10000XL at 720 DPI. Display image is jpeg generated from archival tiff file.
This image is issued by Marquette University. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Department of Special Collections and University Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. Please credit: Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Marquette University Libraries.