Cudahy Hall is home to the Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science Department, the Computer Services Division (now Information Technology Services), classrooms, faculty offices, computer laboratories and a lecture hall. The five-level building is organized around a spacious central atrium that extends to all floors. A skylight roof canopies over the atrium, lending a luminous, open atmosphere to the building. Until the late 1970s, the land upon which Cudahy Hall was built was occupied by the Grandmora Apartment Building, constructed by members of the Cudahy family in 1904 and purchased by the university in 1959 to house its humanities faculties.
Named for Katharine Reed Cudahy (1888-1980), mother of Michael J. Cudahy, founder and president of Marquette Electronics who subsidized a substantial portion of the building’s $12 million cost. Katharine Reed Cudahy was married to John Cudahy, a diplomat and son of Patrick Cudahy, of meatpacking fame. She grew up in a house that stood in the area that is now the Central Mall on the Marquette campus.
Scanned as grayscale in reflective mode with Epson Expression10000XL at 400 DPI. Display image is jpeg generated from archival tiff file.
This image is issued by Marquette University. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Department of Special Collections and University Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. Please credit: Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Marquette University Libraries.