Coughlin Hall, a $1.5 million, three-level structure, replaced Grandmora Hall as the home for the offices of Marquette’s English, History, Philosophy, and Theology faculties. The building has also served as headquarters for the Marquette Honors Program.
The building is named for Charles L. Coughlin (1885-1972), president of Briggs and Stratton Corporation. Coughlin served as a member of Marquette’s Board of Governors from 1944-1964 and received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the university in 1952.
Coughlin Hall Dedication General Information File (A-4.5 Series 10, File 00435)
22 x 22 cm color pamphlet (8 x 8 in.)
Digital Reproduction Information
Scanned as RGB in reflective mode with Epson Expression 10000XL at 360 DPI. Display image is jpeg generated from archival tiff file.
This image is issued by Marquette University. Use of the image requires written permission from the staff of the Department of Special Collections and University Archives. It may not be sold or redistributed, copied or distributed as a photograph, electronic file, or any other media. The image should not be significantly altered through conventional or electronic means. Images altered beyond standard cropping and resizing require further negotiation with a staff member. The user is responsible for all issues of copyright. Please credit: Department of Special Collections and University Archives, Marquette University Libraries.